Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Officially a working man (boy)

So first day of work went off without a hitch. I must say it is a bunch of keanos (of the 10 new joiners I arrived 9th and I arrived 5 minutes early!)
Training occupies the first 2 1/2 weeks, a week of which will be in Germany next week along with all the newbies across Europe- should be a good time!
Anyway, up early again tomorrow so should go but the flat I'm in at the moment in South Ken is definitely plush to say the least so am enjoying that! Not to mention the brisk 15 minute commute! Only drag is its still suitcase-living for me until I move in somewhere more permanently next month (I feel like I should be looking for a short let or something, I haven't lived in one place for more than 11 months since high school! So weird to finally be in a permanent job.
Lots of loose ends to work on like uploading photos and getting Caro a phone to replace the one I lost in Hanoi (Direct Line here I come!). Am bracing myself for life with 2 mobiles (one work, one personal), and a blackberry which should commence in a couple weeks when I get back from Germany.

Tom put me to shame the other day when I received a Christmas card and mittens all the way from Kazakhstan and in good time no less!! Gotta find something nice to get him upon his return in just 3 months now.

No comments: