Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fun weekend had in Gloucester, forgot toothbrush at work

So this past weekend was definitely a barrel of monkeys (euphemism for me + my co-workers) spent up in Gloucester about 3 hours NW of London. It was the birthday of a friend from the office so had a bunch of us as well as a lot of her friends from uni so a good mixed group all told. Photos posted on the picasaweb site for your enjoyment.

So I went to the gym this morning but got there a lot later than I planned and only had time for 2 sets of weight exercises (one bench, one curls) before having to leave for the office, bummer! But how is this affecting me now? Well I brought my toothbrush/toothpaste with me (along with shampoo/soap) to shower and be hygienic (though note I forgot a belt and cufflinks for my French cuffed shirt which I didn't realise was French cuffed until I put it on at 9.15 this morning). But now I've gone and forgotten these useful items (toothbrush/toothpaste) at my desk and so I don't have them to brush my teeth until I get back to my desk tomorrow morning (talk about a plan backfiring!) The one silver lining of this story is that at least there's no pressure looming over me of having to brush my teeth because well I can't! Gross yes but yet strangely serene.

In other news I shall be off to Venice on Friday which I'm looking forward to. Should be 3 days of fun!

I've finally put down the holding deposit on my new flat near Old Street as well so thats a bit of a relief. Move in date in 1 March. Only slight issue now is where I'm going to live for the 3 weeks between when I have to bugger out of my friends place I'm currently staying at and moving into the new permanent place up on Old St. Will try to sort it tomorrow.

I saw Sufia, my sister's good friend from uni, last night with her boyfriend Dave which was very exciting. He's working in Nairobi and she in Baltimore so London was something of a compromise for them to meet in for 5 days. Very cool.

Should hopefully see Chace again tomorrow for the first time since Beijing. Supposedly we're meeting at LSE so this is a piggy-back trip down memory lane as I also haven't been back to LSE since probably graduation in July. Feels so long ago now!

anyway going to get some sleep
miss you all

No comments: