Tuesday, April 17, 2007

longest stint in one bed since last summer

So I'm all moved in to my new place and it has been a long time since I've last written. The flat is great and our flatmates (a French couple) are very nice and we hang out loads so thats really nice/lucky as well.

Mum was out for a week over Easter which was nice as I hadn't seen her since New Years (though that seems just like yesterday!) and we went up to York for a couple days which was very nice. Also got out to Richmond for the first time which was beautiful as well with all the restaurants/etc by the river and even in the river (i.e. boat restaurants/cafes). The weather was beautiful the whole time she was here which made things quite pleasant.

Bruce also came out for a few days about a month ago now (my its been a longtime since I've written last) over his spring break in a combination trip to Europe to also see a special friend in Paris. It was great to see him and for him to see my new snazzy flat and everything.

My first proper case at work finished about a week ago and that went pretty well so quite a relief to have that under my belt! I just hope the relatively normal state of affairs present in the last case will be a constant feature of my future cases (though ideally with slightly fewer hours as I had quite a many late nights!)

Since my last case ending I've been able to relax a bit being unassigned which basically means I don't need to go in to work and can instead go to the gym, read, anything else which allows me to be at my desk in ~30 minutes if and when I get that email beckoning for me! Tomorrow I think I'll be in in the morning though as will have some proposal work to do I imagine.

Finally got a light bulb today for my floor lamp from Ikea which I'd continuously forgotten to get a bulb for until today as I was leaving Sainsbury's and thought "I know I'm forgetting something but what is it...?"

Met someone special's parents on Saturday which was a relatively painless encounter, inflated a 3 metre swimming ("paddling") pool, and got to jump on a huge trampoline which is always fun

We're having our housewarming / my birthday party in a couple weeks which I sent the invite out today for (New Yorkers feel free to come on over for that! ;-) so good to finally get that out
Interesting featured section in New York magazine comparing London and NY (to determine which is better!)

Dollar nearly hit $2 to £1 today ($1.99 it was) but alas not yet for today. A favourable exchange rate for one earning in £ thats for sure!

Planning to go to Sicily with my sister in September which should be great fun ;-)

Meanwhile global warming is in full swing with 27 C (81 F) temperatures felt yesterday here in London (today was a bit cooler I believe at 23 C).

100-day dinner tomorrow night, should be good times!

Well as I'm meant to be for tomorrow should probably sign-off now. Will try to write more frequently!!

No comments: