Tuesday, November 07, 2006

just saved $79

A couple of weeks ago when I was in Halong bay I remembered that I had forgotten to cancel my amazon prime trial and would be charged $79 (shit!) BUT I signed on to discover it was in fact a 3-month trial and so I hadn't been charged anything and so I canceled the bad boy. Excellent.

Got back from a very nice dinner at some neighbours on the other side of West Lake, good times. Lots of Danes. Also, we met another volunteer at our school, Stan, who is a very cool guy and, notably, is 80 years old (wow!) He was in the Peace Corps in Cameroon for two years just a year ago.

Today was good times-- did a bit of relaxin and reading by Truc Bach lake and did some errands like look (fruitlessly) for helmets, we'll try again tomorrow! We work so much (8 classes per day) on the weekends that Monday (normally the worst day of the week) feels like Saturday (normally the best day of the week)... so, kind of weird but I think I like it.

Remember those "yo mama smells like baked cheese" jokes from school? I don't get what we were on about, baked cheese don't smell so bad.

No comments: